The Clery Act, a federal law, requires Oregon State University to track property and travel in order to request crime statistics from local law enforcement agencies. OSU is required to make these requests even if no criminal activity is thought to have occurred at these locations.

Reportable property includes any location the university or student organization (not an individual) owns or controls (by lease/written agreement), such as garages, storage units, houses, apartments, space rental, etc. Properties leased during university travel by students (undergraduate and graduate) are also reportable. Travel by university employees is not reportable. Common types of locations leased by university representatives and student organizations during travel include hotel rooms or other accommodations (e.g. Airbnb).

Please fill out the following form based on the calendar year in which the travel occurred. If you need more room, please submit multiple reports. Note, an address is required for any reported location. 

If you have questions about whether a location is reportable, please email [email protected].

Contact Information
Please select your affiliated campus.
Property/Travel Description
Property/Travel Description
Property/Travel Description
Unit or Group: